The new Nissan R35 GT-R was released in Japan late 2007 and is approved for import to Australia but only as a "New Vehicle" under the SEVS ruling for now!!
At this stage its looking like the R35 GT-R will only be brought in as a new vehicle bought from a Japanese dealer with low delivery kms on the clock only. Still there are no compliance plates available in Australia for new vehicles to complete this process and register the vehicle for the road and it's very uncertain if there ever will be.
Nissan are also currently considering bringing the Nissan R35 GT-R into Australia in "Full Volume" affecting all of the above so much is pending on their decision and we may not know the outcome until the end of 2009. Of course we will keep you posted on any developments.
For the first time this version of the GT-R has lost the Skyline name but has certainly gained in every other way. The 3.8 litre VR38DETT twin turbo V6 engine produces 353 kilowatts or 480 horsepower @ 6800 rpm with 588 N*m at 3200-5200 rpm of torque. This beast from Japan "Godzilla" does 0-100 km an hour in 3.6 seconds!! and holds one of the fastest lap times by a production-spec vehicle at the Nürburgring Nordschleife.
Apart from the impressive power of this vehicle it also sports:
• VDC-R (vehicle dynamic control) with 3 driving settings: Normal (for everyday driving), R-mode (for ultimate perfomance, utalizes AWD torque distribution for additional vehicle stability) and Off.
• 6-speed dual clutch transmission with three driving settings: Normal (for maximum smoothness and efficiency), Snow (for gentler starting and shifting on slippery surfaces) and R-mode (maximum performance with fastest shifts).
• Bluetooth hands free phone system with voice recognition.
• Hill Start Assist prevents rollback when starting on an incline.
• World's first independent rear transaxle all-wheel drive system.
• Hybrid body construction of steel, die-cast aluminium and carbon fibre.
• Electronically-controlled ATTESA E-TS all wheel-drive system.
• Paddle-shift GR6 sequential six-speed dual clutch rear transaxle.
• Brembo 4-wheel disc brakes with 4-wheel Antilock Braking System (ABS), Brake Assist, Electronic Brakeforce Distribution and Preview Braking.
• Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS).
• ULEV - Ultra Low Emission Vehicle.
• 20 inch wheels
• HDD Music Box system, including hard drive with 9.4 GB for audio storage.
• MP3, WMA and DVD audio capable. In-dash Compact Flash card reader.
• HDD-based GPS navigation with touch screen.
• Multifunction display screen which shows mechanical and driving information as well as an on-board driving recorder.
And thats just listing a few.